Monday, June 13, 2011

A little bird told me..

Here is the card I made based off of the inspiration from those amazing gals @ the Polkadot Door!



I took the nest quite literally and made my own sort of nest embellishment to cradle a couple of cracked hearts. The twigs I gathered from the neighbor's yard, hopefully they won't mind. lol. I stayed with the brown monochromatic scheme.. the BIRD letters are from a TRAVEL scrabble game.. which is totally my new love.. because they're even thicker but loads smaller face wise.



There is TONS of dimension in this card -- everything has a 3d effect.. whether it's thickness, foam, or glaze. ♥

Supplies: KnCO paper, jillibean card base, twigs, Don Juan cricut cartridge, twine, Saddle Brown StazOn, travel scrabble tiles, Vintage Photo distress ink, Chatter Box Botanico stamps, old book page, brown Sharpie pen, manilla tag, Crackle Accents, hot glue, Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegastamps!, and a KnCO adhesive gem.

2 comments:

  1. Oohhh! I LOVE this! I would frame it and put it in a shadow box! It's so pretty and I love all the dimension and embellishments you fit into this one project! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us Dee Dee! The card you came up with is perfect. I love how you kept in monochromatic and the scrabble tiles, too cute!

    ReplyDelete