Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tim, A Tag, and a New Technique!

I've been following this blog Studio L3 for a while.. and every Monday she hosts a "Grungy Monday" where she inspired everyone to get inky and dirty working on something --- well this week's was super fascinating.. a really old technique by Mr. Holtz himself all the way from TWO THOUSAND EIGHT! and I HAD to play!!



This is the one where TH uses an embossing powder on an image.. inks around it and then melts the powder off with an iron - leaving a super fantastic image similar to a silk batik! It's VERY nice. I couldn't get over how wonderful the bright orange and red looked -- so that's where I took my tag.

I also got these great stamps from Viva Las Vegastamps! that I've been dying to combine.. so here's the tag:



and I'll be basing an ATC off of this tag VERY soon! Stay tuned!

Supplies: Manilla tag, Distress ink (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door), StazOn (Saddle Brown), Viva Las Vegastamps! (Jester and Ferris wheel), TH Stamps (Ticket, reel and letters), Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegastamps!

1 comment: