Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tag-a-licious - SSSnS

Here is another submission for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge -- the DT really has amazing work this week so be sure to check it out! Jury is still out on the new DT spots.. no rejection emails yet so I've got my fingers crossed.. good luck to all who applied!



I started with a manilla tag, black soot and barn door distress ink. I foamed the tag with barn door, and splattered with black soot. I then ran a permanent ink (Momento black tuxedo) over the edges and stamped with a Stampin' Up stamp that I got at a garage sale for ONE DOLLAR! (Normally this stamp goes for $22!) I walking stitched the lace which was folded over and secured it to create a flower. I glued a round button in the middle.. black and shiny. I picked through my feathers till I found the perfect additions! The dress form is actually my own design laser cut by a local cutter here in town. I heat embossed it with black soot and smooth embossing powder.. then dry embossed with a script folder. the pearls were just laying around here in my studio and the black twine/cord was given to me in a box of fabulousness from my grandmother!



click the images to see bigger photos :)

-DeeDee

5 comments:

  1. Love it DeeDee - super sexy tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - S*E*X*Y tag! Love the colors, the lace and feathers.... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag brought up images of can-can dancers! Stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show with your fabulous Tag, wowzerssss love the black and red colors and the embellies that you have used, absolutely fabulous. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete