Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Viva Las Vegastamps! Submission.


I can't believe it's that time already --- the VLVS! team (work seen on the VLVS BLOG) is coming to the end of our 6 month term and tryouts are upon us again! The requirements for this tryout were to knock off Terri's socks with a project using VLVS! Stamps.. and I have acquired some SUPER fab ones.. I chose to use one stamp two ways --- This realistic Owl stamp just had to come home to me.. and I'm loving it's varied uses!



the first thing I'm showing is a 12x12 LO where this stamp is just the perfect "Watchful" embellishment.. The rest of the project uses Basic Grey's Eerie Line (I'm using this LO as part of my submission for their DT call, as well), corrugated cardboard, twine, black acrylic paint, some polymer cabochons I made, satin, floral beads, rubons, studio G gems, ribbon, white leaves, distress ink, a dymo label maker, and cheesecloth. I /think/ that's everything!




Here's a close up...
I stamped the bird in an archival black ink on white cardstock.. cut him out and pasted him here!!

And the 2nd thing I'm showing is a card --- Just distress emboss the owl on a nice kraft sheet and viola.. totally different look! He's much softer, a bit more wise and weathered. The NOEL stamp is ALSO from Viva Las Vegastamps! I just stamped it, embossed it, and then cut it apart to give it a little whimsy! The flower is muslin with distres ink.. there's also Basic Grey paper in the background (the green) and some vintage lace with faux stamen in the corner! Add a big golden button and we're done! :)



To create this card I cut papers to size and inked edges. Both stamps were mentioned before.. smooth embossing one and distress embossing the other. The flower is made from distress inked muslin and the tim holtz tattered florals die.

This team is fabulous.. Terri and Wayne are AMAZING! And I thank them for giving me the opportunity in the first term, whether or not I make it on. Congrats to those of you who are chosen! I'm sure it's well deserved and look forward to seeing what you create for VLVS!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to the queen of distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your submission. Thanks for re-applying to be apart of the Viva Las Vegastamps! design team...

    ReplyDelete
  3. while I like the scrapbook page, I LOVE the card! Good luck DD

    ReplyDelete