Friday, December 2, 2011

12 tags day 3!

I'm glad to be back folks ... thanks so much for your sweet sweet comments on day 1 and for all the encouragement to get my computer fixed on day 2 :) I really am having fun showing you my tags!




Each day of the hop we are using stamps from Plate #1363 -- which is also a PRIZE! for people who hop all 12 days, leave comments and become followers! 

You should have started @ Terri's Blog. if not, click the link and be sure to go in order :)

My Creation:



Quick note about the background : I used Miracle Tape from VLVS! to stripe .. then dumped embossing powder on the tag.. it sticks to the double sided tape which makes for beautiful stripes! Heat with a gun and viola!!


I have also managed to base my tags off of Linda (The Funky Junkie)'s 12 tags! So I will be linking up there each day :) Today's is linking to tag 2 -- Mostly I took inspiration from her handmade flower and the variety in textures that she used! I've got rough cardstock, plastic netting, smooth satin... it's a super fun tag to hold!


Thanks for stopping by!! You're on your way to Susan's Blog next!!!

-DeeDee

23 comments:

  1. The striped background is marvelous! I love all the different textures on this tag. And the red is smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I think I am so ready to grasp new colors for Christmas I see your tag and fall in love with Christmas red all over again,

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO pretty, DeeDee--love the candy stripes, and the Christmas SHINE!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool way to make stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the red (my fav color!) and your satin flower is stunning - that piece of net is a fab addition. Love the cheesecloth here too - I always forget to use it so you have inspired me with it. A fun entry into my 12 tags challenge. Thanks so much for linking up!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red and how different your tag is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the striping technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your background technique. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved how you did the background and made this so different by using a fabric flower! great idea! great job!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool technique with the miracle tape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! The colours are stunning! (formerly saucermcfly @ LiveJournal)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, now that I like! ;) shellrm@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I like the simple white and red color scheme. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Is that a yo-yo I see?

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another classy look, I appreciate your taste!

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very elegant and dramatic. I really like your stamping style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful...thanks for the striping tip

    ReplyDelete