Friday, December 21, 2012

Ribbonista Blog Hop!!

(apparently my post neglected to go live as scheduled.. I apologize!)

Good Morning and welcome to my stop on the Ribbonista Hop!! I decided to share with you today a brand new tradition I've brought to my little family...


CHRISTMAS CRACKERS!!



I start with a tube of some sort (old wrapping paper tube, toilet paper, paper towels.. you name it, it works!), then I cover it in vintage patterns, fill it with each person's favorite candy, close it off with ribbon..... and decorate with ribbons, tags, buttons and christmas stamps!


And this is the pile of my Christmas Crackers!!
All supplies used: May Arts ribbons (about 8 different kinds!), Viva las VegaStamps!, vintage buttons, archival ink, Embossing powder, distress ink, kraft paper, distress markers. 

Don't forget to leave comments everywhere (and back at the May Arts blog!) for your chance at the big prize!! 

Keep on Hoppin'! 
Jen http://jenshearsdesigns.blogspot.com/
Leah  www.1alabasterowl.blogspot.com
Monica http://scraps2treasure.blogspot.com/2012/12/its-ribbonista-hop.html
DeeDee http://umwowstudio.com - you are here!
Susan www.luv2scrap-pages.blogspot.com

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Homemade Christmas crackers, what a fantastic idea. And you know the toy/candy inside will be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love that you used patterns!! I buy them at garage sales sometimes without knowing what I'm going to do with them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great, I love that you used patterns and great ribbon choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome! What a nice touch for home decorating, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are cute. Do they really "crack" like an English Christmas Cracker?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you decorated your Christmas Crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! These would make such fun place cards. I love the fact that you used old patterns as your paper. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a great idea..simple and can be embellished to the max. fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the rustic feel to these christmas crackers, thanks for sharing, adding to the bucket list
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tip on making the crackers. I've heard of them but didn't know quite what they were.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love using pattern tissue for these - brilliant with a definite touch of elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty I wouldn't want to open them but knowing they are filled with treats they sooo wouldn't last :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what fun, my kids would LOVE these, and love these rustic ribbons, looks great.

    ReplyDelete