Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nat n Birgit Page!


I haven't been doing much for ME lately.. and when we ran into Louise Nelson at CHA she said "You HAVE to make time to do your OWN stuff. Not for publication.. not for DTs.. for YOU"

So the day before yesterday I had a few pictures printed, and last night I got to work on putting them into my journal! I love the size of this journal, and you'll find the "style" very repetitive in it.. because the paper takes ink and gesso SO WELL. 

Here's the first of many to come! 



I started off with two bits of amazing punchinella by Gauche Alchemy. one large circle and one medium. I gessoed them onto the page with white gesso by Winsor and Newton. (You can see the circles better in the next two photos!) Then using a new technique I learned from Janna Werner during Creative Jumpstart I splattered some Glimmer Mist in Mustard Seed by TA all over my page. Rather than spraying with the bottle or splattering with the wand.. I sprayed into the cap of the bottle a couple times then splattered that.. it gave me some wonderful BIG splatters!

Then I stamped with Viva Las VegaStamps!' line of chevrons and lace fancy border in Ranger's archival ink. I added a bit of charcoal glimmer mist and then adhered my image down with Miracle Tape by VLVS!. I knew I needed some color to the right, so grabbed some start punchinella (also available from Gauche Alchemy) and inked it with four layers of distress ink. First was Shabby Shutters, then Peeled Paint, add some Mustard Seed and finish with a tiny bit of Black Soot. 


Add a bit of Washi Tape from Gauche Alchemy and stamp it with a date!


I did the tiniest bit of drawing around the edge, too. It helped wrangle everything inside the page. 

♥DeeDee

1 comment:

  1. ahhh- I love this page and the techniques you used on it. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete