Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Super Cute mini album {By Chrissy}





Afternoon :) Chrissy has a super fun and super bright mini album to share with us today! I'll let her take over from here:

Hi folks!  I am so excited to be working with DeeDee and the rest of the talented gang here at UmWowStudio.  



I have a mini album to share with you today.  I made this for my niece and since she is such a ham, I wanted to use fun and bright colors.





Here's the inside of the album





Want to see what I did with the fabulous chipboard?  The butterfly on the cover is pretty straightforward.  I left the layers as they were meant to be then painted the top layer with gesso and applied a fine iridescent glitter.





For this butterfly, I applied a coat of gesso then sprayed it with some Color Shine in "Georgia Peach".  When it was almost dried, I added a layer of glass bead gel.





For the floral embellishment, I decided to try and layer a couple different mediums.  The base layer is gesso then acrylic paint.  Once the paint was dried, I added blue glitter onto the flowers.  Here's where the fun is.  For the stems, I added a layer or Bombay India Ink.  Talk about color enhancement!





This star looks really cool.  It looks like it's covered in lace but it's not. That is washi tape!  I just taped over the star then trimmed the edges.





Can you tell I love playing with the chipboard?  There's really so many ways to alter it.  Just dive in and get messy!

6 comments: