Friday, October 18, 2013

Painty How-To by Rachel Whetzel

Hey folks! DeeDee here today, bringing you a little how to from the super talented Rachel Whetzel! She gets some seriously great color on the surface of her UmWowStudio chipboard and was totally in for showing us how! She shows step by step how to get this:




She says: I started out with a piece that I painted and didn't end up liking. I actually used some mists on it, and it didn't look the way I wanted. 


So I sanded that down, and started layering the paint on! I use my finger to rub the paint layers into the chipboard, and to get rid of the paint lines. 


Then I used some punchinella to add some color over the red. Once that was dry, I used a larger punchinella(from Gauche Alchemy,) and off set it from the first layer, and added white. 



Then I went back over and put more teal over that!!

 
Cool right??? Thanks so much Rachel! We just pulled in a ton of Distress Paint from Ranger and Tim Holtz which will be PERFECT for this technique! Keep an eye on the store site for the new goods to try out on our chip! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment