Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Be your own kind of beautiful!

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

Tina here today with another Art Journal page, featuring the wonderful, Layered Raindrop Chip.  I thought this Chip resembled flower petals, so I created a page using them as a floral design element.


To create texture on each 'petal' I first applied a liberal coating of gesso, then Luminarte Silks Paint and contrasting embossing powder.  Once the chips were adhered on my page, I then applied several colors of Lindy's Magicals (a powdered mica) to each petal for more color and dimension. 



For the centers of my flowers, I applied to same technique (of coloring my petals above) to Square Confetti and layered them in the center of each flower.



I also used several Raindrops as leaves for my flowers, simply colored in a leaf color.


I hope you enjoyed my art journal page today.  Have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by!

Tina

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamping and paint and gesso layers on the chip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of the Layered Raindrop chips! Super creative!

    ReplyDelete