For my last project I decided to get messy with some mixed media. Starting with a plain piece of aqua cardstock I first added a thin layer of gesso and then used two 12x12 stencils (both heidi swap) a sunburst which I misted with Citron Color Shine and a hexagon with I used a blue Mister Huey mist.
After that I took a small Heidi Swapp stencil and used Tim Holtz distress ink to make bold triangles. I also added some random stamping with a Glitz roller stamp. To finish the background off I took my gelatos and added colour around the edge.Hexagon Background chip and layered my papers and photos on top. When I placed the chipboard I didn't think about the balance of the page so I then had a gap on the right hand side. To fill in that space I took one of the Avery Elle stamps we recently worked with and stamped in Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I used the Arrow Title Mash chip for my title, this is one of my favourite sets I use all the time. To finish off I used a flair from the Oh Places You'll Go set.
So that is it from me today, thank you so much for stopping by and a HUGE thank you to Dee Dee for having me as part of this amazing team.
Um Wow Studio Materials
- Hexagon Background Chip
- Arrow Title Mash Chip
- Oh Places You'll Go Flair.
- Stamps: Avery Elle Stamps To The Point, Glitz Roller Stamp
- Paper: Studio Calico, Amy Tangerine
- Embellishments: Amy Tangerine, Basic Grey
- Other: washi tape, gesso, Heidi Swapp Colour Shine, Studio Calico Mister Huey's, Heidi Swapp stencils, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Faber Castell Gelatos.