Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Feeling Blue Journal Page with Jen

P1020406
I have an art journal page to share with you today!  I used lots of Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft mediums and Gelatos® colors along with a few of the adorable Layered Chipboard clouds.  Unfortunately, I was so into making this page, I forgot to take too many in progress photos! 
P1010830I started with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle and used a palette knife from our Gelatos Tool Set to smear some around to create "clouds".  It keeps it's shape and won't flatten down after drying.  I also love the resist that it gives to wet media.
When that was dry, I added Gelatos® colors in Blueberry, Metallic Blueberry , Bosenberry and  Double Scoop® Snow Cone to the page. I had made a Gelatos® mist with the Metallic Blueberry and Bosenberry to create a shimmer and an even application.
P1020400The other colors were added to the top of the page and water was added with a brush to allow drippage (my favorite technique)! I love how the Whipped Spackle allows the color to puddle and change over it.  When that was dry, I added stamped letters using a Stamper's Big Brush Pen in Cool Grey
P1020402 Finally, I added the UmWowStudio layered chipboard clouds and filled or covered them with the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Glass Bead Glitter Gel.  It gives them the right amount of sparkle and shine!  When dry, it allows the color underneath to show through too!  I love these layered chipboard pieces with their open spaces to fill with fun mediums!
The quote I used for this page was one from a 7 year old!  I found it online and it was perfect for this page! That 7 year old was so wise.  It says:
"If you are feeling blue,
try painting yourself a different color!"
P1020405
I love that I can use ALL of my Gelatos® colors any time I want!!!  It just depends on my mood! 
What color are you feeling lately?

Materials List:
Rotary Stamp: Stamping Up!
Bling: Prima Marketing

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, those clouds are so cute and love the sparkle you added to them.

    ReplyDelete