Friday, July 1, 2016

Biohazard



Good morning friends! We have some exciting things happening at UmWowStudio.. the first is that we'll be having a little Creative Team CHANGE >> Introducing CORRIE HERRIMAN! She is super talented and I've come across her work via the Viva Las VegaStamps! blog. I'm excited to have her here with her fabulous style. She's up today with her first post: 


Corrie's Blog


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello everyone,

I was so happy when I was invited to join the Creative Team for the lovely DeeDee Catron's
Their chipboards are fabulous and so much fun to use with rubber stamps !   For my first post I have created an art journal page:







I started with a piece of manilla card stock and painted a layer of gesso on it. After that dried I painted over the gesso with some Silks. I used a blue and a green. It gives a lovely shimmer. 
Because I thought it was not dark enough I used Distress Crayons over the top and sealed them with Distress Collage Medium, which is just gel medium I think. It makes the crayons go streaky which I liked. Next I used a Prima Marketing 'Finnabair' stencil called 'Bubbles' to create, well, the bubbles... lol. I used white paint and a blending tool for this.
I then used some VivaLasVegaStamps! to stamp the background and add some more interest. I used several colours of Archival Inks for this, always making sure they blend in. 
The jar, jar label and sentiment are also rubber stamps by Viva Las VegaStamps!
The chipboards I were painted with gesso and coloured with Distress Crayons. I heat embossed both to add interest but also to make the Crayons permanent. I used a holographic powder for the fish and a clear powder for the seaweed. 
After colouring everything I arranged it on the background until I was happy and glued everything down. Lastly I used a small piece of 7Dots Studio pattern paper (Destination Unknown by DeeDee Catron) at the bottom to make the sand at the bottom of the sea. 

I have used these chipboard pieces:



Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team Corrie....LOVE what I see so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gefeliciteerd Corry , ik volg je op de voet en vind je creaties fantastisch.
    wens je dan ook heel veel plezier en succes in dit team
    grtjs
    Tine

    ReplyDelete